Thursday, December 23, 2010

Possible Reactions to a Poem (acrostic)

Vehicle of mouth, lend me your
Open gates! Spew from the tombstone teeth
My every ugly lie and with
It, every ugly truth that lives
There, shaking the bars to get out.

Crack your damn eggs if you must.
Release your deadborn insides, the baby of
Your newborn soul wet and naked.

Lower your bottom jaw on its hinge
And empty your lungs to the sky.
Understand one thing when it comes,
God had nothing to do with it.
He didn’t make this storm. I did.

Sorry to hear about your outbursts,
Lady. My face hurts but yours is killing me!
And mop up the stink you left in the room!
Please. Thank you. Don’t come again.

Crinkle cheeks, stay away.
Raisin yourself in the sun.
I don’t want your sour puss.
Neither does anyone, even
God. You get out the door.
Everyone is catching on.

No comments:

Post a Comment